I always say my “mission” these days is to do meaningful work in retirement. I don’t necessarily mean paid work – in fact I haven’t chosen to work for pay since my Encore Fellowship ended about 10 months ago.
I figure writing this down and making it public will help to keep me accountable, and also appreciate when I have actually accomplished more than it might feel like I have.
Do Meaningful Work
To me this simply means, spending time and energy on things that contribute to my personal priorities.
- helping family members who are getting less independent
- working out regularly, and hiking with friends
- managing our financial decisions
- engaging in local climate & sustainability projects
- blogging and tweeting about books/finance/sustainability
- maintaining & building relationships
- working on little projects for my family members
So let’s see – How did I do this week?